Trying to Measure Up

The “flagship” charity of the Knights of Columbus has long been Support for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities. In recent years, the Knights of Columbus have been recognized as a major corporate sponsor to the International Special Olympics with many local councils, including many in Ohio, that sponsor local events. The primary fundraiser assisting those with developmental disabilities is our annual Measure Up Campaign. This fundraising effort raises approximately $370,000 for over 322 statewide and local caring agencies that sponsor a variety of training and support programs. Of the money collected, 80% is returned to the local councils for donating to their local agencies. The remaining 20% is used for statewide programs. This past weekend, after mass, your Council 13517
Knights of Columbus accepted donations in support of this Measure Up campaign. Thanks to all Brother Knights that gave some of their weekend to assist and to all the wonderful donors that donated to such a worthy cause!

Author: IHM Knights Admin