The Family Fully Alive program asks families to invite God into their homes and cultivates each family as a miniature domestic church. To this end, the program provides monthly themes, scripture verses and activities. The Family Fully Alive program is designed to be flexible to meet the continuously changing needs of your family. This booklet is laid out for the opening of the Church’s liturgical year in December, with the season of Advent, but you can start during any month of the year. Through prayer and reflection, each family has the opportunity to grow in holiness together.
Family Fully Alive Booklets have been placed in the vestibule of the Church.
- Designate a space in your home where your family can gather for prayer.
- Open each week with the Our Father, Hail Mary, or one of the other prayers included in the appendix of the devotional booklet.
- Next, ask a family member to read the theme.
- Then, proceed with each month’s prayer and activities.
- Offer some petitions with each family member, adding personal intentions to the prayer.
- Conclude together by reciting Archbishop Lori’s Consecration to the Holy Family.
Once complete, feel free to come back to the IHM Knights of Columbus website’s “Family Fully Alive” area and offer theme feedback. Feel free to write about your family experiences, participation, and reflection on the themes. To cultivate life as a domestic church, a family must deliberately welcome God into its home. This program has been created to help each family do this.
- December – Joy
- January – Family Prayer
- February – The Sacrament of Marriage
- March – Family Difficulties
- April – Mercy and Forgiveness
- May – Hope
- June – Self-Giving Love
- July – Witnessing to the Faith
- August – Hospitality
- September – Charity
- October – Together On Mission
- November – The Communion of Saints
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Council 13517 Family Director Dan Malek with any questions or concerns.